Holiday Event – 2016
Main Street Holiday Event
Saturday December 3rd, 5pm – 9pm
Tree lighting and caroling beginning at California Heritage Museum: 2612 Main Street
The Sidewalk sale is this Saturday and Sunday.
SATURDAY DECEMBER 3RD, SCHEDULE:
- 5:00pm: SANTA! will be at the Museum Lawn at for photos with the kids. Please bring your own camera.
- 6:00pm: Tree Lighting at the California Heritage Museum Lawn, with the Samohi Choir, The Ginger Bell Rockers and The Santa Monica Chorus.
- 6:25pm Candlelight Walk led by Santa to the Edgemar Courtyard for music by The Off Their Jingle Bell Rockers.
- 6pm – 9pm Holiday Parties (see list or map locations below)
SIDEWALK SALE: SATURDAY AND SUNDAY!
11:00am – 7:00pm
WINDOW DECORATION CONTEST “#mainstreetsm”
December 3rd through till December 27th
Window Decoration Locations
It’s the Annual Main Street Window Decorations Contest!
Decorate your window for the holidays- you may be a winner!
Every year Main Street merchants are urged to decorate their windows for this contest.
A select team of judges review the entrants and choose a first, second and third place winner.
The first place winner receives $150.00
Second Place receives $100.00
Third Place receives $50.00
Additionally, the public is encouraged to engage in an photo Instagram contest, taking photos of their favorite windows. The photo that gets the most Likes on Instagram gains the photographer a prize. Contestants must identify the business and hashtag the photo:
Holiday Party Locations
[Google_Maps_WD id=1 map=1]
Sidewalk Sale Locations
Additional Holiday Activities Will Be Updated.
PARKING INFO There is street parking; most meters are 3 hours and the meters can’t be fed to increase time beyond the posted limit; cars have to be moved. $1/hr. Meters take credit cards and change, not bills.
There are three municipal with pay stations: one between Kinney and Hill with entrances on Kinney (off Neilson), Ashland and Hill; one south of Hollister with entrances off Hollister and off Main (across from Edgemar); and one on the southwest corner of Main & Strand. All $1/hr. Pay stations take credit cards, change and bills.
URGENT REMINDERS IF YOU PARK AT A PAY STATION LOT
1) YOU MUST PUT THE RECEIPT ON YOUR DASHBOARD AFTER PURCHASING THE SPACE; FAILURE TO DO THIS WILL RESULT IN A $53!!!!! TICKET.
2) YOU MUST PARK “HEAD IN”. IF YOU BACK INTO THE SPACE TO PARK YOU WILL GET A TICKET.